Monday, March 16, 2015

Hup, Hup Hoo-ray! Comments!



As they say in Zim, "Hup, hup, hoo-ray!" 

I've finally decided to allow comments on my blog... in fact, "allow" is a terrible word.  How about encourage?

Well It's Africa has certainly seen its evolution.  It's gone from a teeny lil' blog for far away friends and family in the states to a well-known blog supported by a growing, bustling readership from every continent (though, yes, Kyle, you may be the only one from Antarctica!) During this whole time I have had oodles ask me why they can't comment.  The blog got so big over the years that by the time I felt comfortable with knowing what was and was not okay to say online while in my country, my nervousness instead turned to how to manage commentary with a busy schedule...

Thank you, readers for your enthusiastic peer pressure.  I have finally decided to open the doors and see what happens. I hope you'll take a moment in your reading to give feedback, encouragement, or to just teach us all a thing or two... so dive into those posts from the past, present, and future. I am excited to hear from you amazing readers, learners, and teachers all over the world.  Please do comment now; I encourage it!

To celebrate, I'm posting a few funny, quintessential Africa photos this week, many of which come from 100 Things You Can't Do In Harare.  Enjoy!