Friday, October 10, 2014

Happy Harare

I've been meaning to post it for months, but my recent lack of time seems to make this the perfect moment to show you some tidbits of my African hometown.  With the recent healthcare challenges surrounding ebola outbreaks and the understandable but depressing reports of poverty crises defining most of the First World's focus on the continent, undoubtedly Africa could use some positive representation.  Congrats to my dusty city, dancing in their recent coming of the rains.  

Reuters may have so far deemed it the century's "least livable city in the world," but I'll answer that claim later.  For now I will truly cherish this video, complete with people we know and places we go.  A little taste of the Harare few outsiders get to see:  



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1CNgQhf8bA